Please do not ever forget – You or I could be homeless at any moment
How would YOU want to be treated?
Providing Hope In The Midst of Crisis, in Jesus’s name
We are 100% Mobile. Everything we do is either done via our Mobile Unit Van, bicycle, phone, or via computer/internet.
Through our mobile unit, we have helped families move personal belongings for other Homeless Assistance organizations in both Knoxville, TN and the St. Petersburg/Clearwater FL areas. We have transported wheelchair bound homeless Friends In Need to numerous activities and appointments, church activities, showers, meals, work, doctor appointments, shopping and various events and much more.
STA is here to HELP the Cities in which we operate, Not Blame them.
Everything STA does, strives to lessen the burdens on local governments, Police, Ambulance and other Medical facilities by our presence and availability in the streets helping the Homeless, Friends In Need and preventing “Nuisance Calls”. Through this, we strive to combat and reduce community deterioration and overall delinquency through our services at STA.
1) Our goal is to Prevent more than anything. Prevention, to STA could be as simple as intervening to provide food, clothing or transportation depending on the severity of the issue and the circumstances which surround them, per their own request or someone else’s on their behalf.
2) We intervene in order to build someones confidence. To give our Friends In Need some Hope.
Our objective is to show our Friends In Need how to “Take Back Their Life” and lift themselves out of the clutches of what we call the Chronic Assistance Cycle and into the community as a positive contributing force, self reliant.
Donations to this important work are greatly appreciated and needed.
We are based in the knowledge that nothing we do would take place if not for the direction of Jesus Christ. We do this by spending extensive time with each person, through intense listening, coaching, support and direction. Again, this all comes through Jesus’ direction.
If it is determined we can be of assistance to the individual or if we just simply deem it necessary and possess the funds to do so:
- We provide them a meal if needed.
- We launder their clothes if needed.
- We take them for a haircut if needed.
- We provide them clothes if needed.
- We provide transport if needed.
- We take them for a shower if needed.
- We assist them in obtaining shelter for the evening if needed or desired.
- No cash is given initially.
- We provide and extend van loads of Hope
A Simpler way to say it would be: STA does Whatever it takes.
- Does the individual “have to” believe in Jesus? No, but we will be focusing on those of the very poor who are Jesus’s Lost Sheep who have gone astray.
- Does the individual “have to” join a Religious Program? No
- Does the individual “have to” know Bible verses in order to get assistance from us? No
- Will they be encouraged to know Jesus? Yes
- Will we assist them in finding a church if they would like? Yes. In fact we will even bring them there.
With Jesus’ guidance we help the individual see and acknowledge the strengths they have (which they have ALWAYS possessed), but temporarily lost due to the various situations and obstacles they’ve encountered, and the decisions they have made. The process encourages the individual to “be aware” of their feelings, attitudes and the impact of those feelings and attitudes in their ‘personal environment’.
Numbers = Funding. However, Numbers + Poorly Fitted Housing = Higher Homeless Numbers
Help Someone Take back Their Life Today!