To Put It Simply….
1) We Help People…
2) We Provide Hope In Jesus’ name….
3) We Do What Ever It Takes.
Providing Hope In The Midst of Crisis, in Jesus’s name
Doing Whatever It Takes
STA encourages and teaches those we help NOT to access the “system” of assistance, what we call “The Chronic Assistance Cycle”. We strive to help them build confidence and do things on their own. It is much more difficult for them and us, but it works. Our goal is to bring a little Hope to help them make that possible.
*** Below is a long statement and list of most of the Services STA provides.
You may scroll down to read it all, but, here is the reality of it all.
STA does Whatever It Takes. Literally.
There, that is it. That is all you need to know, isn’t it? If we stated every thing we did you would not believe us anyway.
Please Make a Donation now and help STA Help those in need move Straight Ahead to Taking Back Their Life.
Please do not ever forget – You or I could be homeless at any moment
How would YOU want to be treated?
1) Primarily we bring a little Hope.
2) We bring a little Hope in the form of toiletries.
3) We bring a little Hope in the form of clothing.
4) We bring a little Hope in the form of food.
5) We bring a little Hope in the form of local transportation.
6) We bring a little Hope in the form of the use of a phone.
7) We bring a little Hope in the form of clean laundry.
8) We bring a little Hope in the word of God and His Son Jesus Christ.
Please Make a Donation Today and help those in need move Straight Ahead to Taking Back Their Life.
In 2012-2013, our services will be much more simplified. We will no longer be relying/depending or waiting on someone to donate, although we will accept and greatly appreciate any donations and your involvement. We will simply do our work, As We Can, What We Can, When We Can, If we Can. Funds permitting. When we became a 501c3 classified entity it seems that it made everything about money. Its not about money although everything we do takes money. More importantly, it is about those we help and the reasons why.
“We will be returning to our “Roots”. In other words, how this all got started, this Straight Ahead Outreach thing. It all started because Jesus would put people in front of me whom He wanted helped. His Lost Sheep. Except, at the time I didn’t realize that. :-))! He would in many cases simply put me in their path or they in mine.” (Lance Greene/Founder)
If they do not want the help or do not care about Jesus Christ and Jehovah God, then we will move on to the next. We will be looking for Lost Sheep, those who have gone astray. No one knows better who those are then Jesus and His Father Jehovah God. So we will follow their lead.
We will share the fact that Jesus misses and needs them. Again, it is a little Hope. Typically the very poor, the underprivileged, with a focus on the homeless and we will offer what ever assistance we can at the time, funds permitting. However, it could also be someone on the other end of the spectrum…a lawyer, doctor or millionaire….Jesus doesn’t discriminate, he wants all his Lost Sheep, not just the poor ones. We will ask how we can help them. We will share knowledge of Jesus Christ and Jehovah God with them. And if they want more about Jesus and Jehovah? We will give them all they want. :-))!
Below are the available Services and are performed, As We Can, When We Can, What We Can, If we Can, and are provided, funds permitting to those in need.
2) Resources: We help connect our Friends In Need with needed resources depending on their specific situations. Our goal is to help them out of the Chronic Assistance Cycle and not to tap into it.
5) Laundry Services: We ourselves at STA will do our Friends In Need laundry as needed, depending on the situations. We are 100% Mobile, we do the laundry and deliver it back to them.
6) Clothing: We locate free clothing on Craigslist and FreeCycle, pick it up, sort and launder the clothing and then stock it in our Mobile Hope vehicle and give it free to those we help.
7) Job Search: STA assists in job searches. We will also provide transportation if needed.
8 ) Appointment Accompaniment/Representation: If desired, STA will accompany and represent them to appointments.
9) Emergency Motel accommodations: From $40/night for a single bed to $300/week for 3 in a kitchenette, STA will provide emergency accommodations for those we help of whom display a strong desire to get off the streets and or who display an urgent medical need, yet non-life threatening, which would benefit from a safe, warm nights rest, without going to and or taxing the medical facilities. In other words, a need which would prevent a medical emergency from occurring.
10) Housing Search: We assist in locating housing via computers, local papers and drive-bys. We call the landlords, make appointments, provide transportation to and from the properties and represent those we help to the landlord, showing our support and belief in the Friend In Need. In addition, if the Friend In Need desires or if we feel they would be safer we will call the local shelters for bed availability and transport them if needed.
11) Computer Training: If the Friend In Need desires, we will provide training on how to use computers in a positive way to search for job opportunities, housing, entertainment and more. In addition we will show them how to create word documents, spreadsheets and in general how to move around the computer itself and the “ins and outs” both positive and negative.
12) GED Training: If our Friends In Need have not had the opportunity to complete High School, being an approved vendor for Tomlinson Adult learning Center in St. Petersburg, FL., we encourage our Friends In Need to attend Tomlinson and work towards obtaining their diploma. Tomlinson Adult Learning Center is an amazing learning center and environment. The staff cares about what they do and about their students welfare. This makes for a very uplifting, confidence building experience for our Friends In Need and enables them to stay on their path Straight Ahead. We will utilize any GED program however which displays concern for their students success.
13) Furniture & Household Goods: Via searches on Craigslist and FreeCycle STA obtains these items and delivers them to those in need. We strive to locate individuals, families and Senior Citizens who have nothing or close to nothing and deliver these items for free.
14) Bus Passes: We do not provide bus passes. However it is our preference to provide the transportation ourselves, in order to give us more “face time” with our Friends In Need.
15) Toiletries: We always have them available on board for free.
16) Haircuts: We gladly provide if funds are available and take them ourselves.
***STA reserves the right to grant or deny any of our services at any time. Even though we strive to help those who really appear to want to get off the streets, we understand there are numerous times when we may need or will need to help someone who is simply in dire need of food, medical needs or other needs who want to remain on the streets. We will help anyone and we do so in the name of Jesus Christ.