You or I could be homeless at any moment, How would YOU want to be treated?
Why the Sunflowers? We select one at a time to help, and the field is vast and full. In each one there is beauty. There is strength, there are talents. In each one, Jesus says: “I am placing these before you for you to help them, are you listening? Are you ready?” (lwg)
Most of Those we help:
- Do not have the warmth of a home to go to
- Do not have a soft warm bed to sleep on
- Do not have the possessions we have or that we take for granted
- Do not have candles to create the ambiance we so appreciate
- Do not have the music to calm their minds or rev them up for their next pursuit
- Do not have the nice, clean clothes to put on after a warm shower or bath or to wear to an interview
- Do not have a private place to take a warm bath or shower
- Do not have a phone to get the call for the interview
- Do not have a nice, relaxing porch to sit out on with a cup of coffee or glass of ice tea and just “BE.”
Bringing them to a shelter to sit or sleep inches away from one another. This does not allow that person to slow down and think. It puts them ‘on guard’ and promotes anxiety. Would YOU want to sleep in this way?
Would YOU want to sleep in this way?
Time is not relevant to those on the streets. The moment – is all they have. PERIOD.
Any one of them, could be you or I at any given moment, how would You want to be treated?
Lance and our friend John in Knoxville, TN
Help Someone Take back Their Life Today!